What Happens When You are Denied Entry into the United States at the Airport?
Since 2020 ,Tight border security on the rise, the days of easy access to the United States are long gone. Inadmissibility affects many people, but there is hope for some people. The details of your denial are important, and can mean the difference between denial and acceptance. The good news is that if you have tried to enter the United States, and you have been denied entry, you may still have a chance to enter the U.S.
There are many reasons to enter the United States, including turning you around at the airport. Being turned away at the airport can be inconvenient and too much embarrassing. If you are denied entry to the United States after a long flight, you may be tempted to argue with the airport authorities. Don't argue with airport authorities ,it is not a good idea. Every day so many foreign travellers are denied entry to the United States at the airport terminal.
When you go to the air counter, these 3 things can happen:
- They apply your return ticket and ask you to go back.
- They add a fee to change the date of your return flight
- You need to buy a full fare return ticket to go back.
Immigration officials will conduct background checks on international travellers.
Background denials may include:
- Criminal history
- Refusal before entering the United States
- Suspicion of bad intentions
- Problems with paperwork
- Conflicts with travel documents
The most common reason people turn away at the airport is through paperwork. Travellers may have overstay a prior visa or passport allowance. They may also have expired documents.
Very few travellers are denied entry to the united states due to criminal backgrounds issues, but this can be a cause of serious trouble. However, if you have been denied entry into the United States at any point in the past, even for an expired passport, the previous denial is quite reasonable for future denial.
Why Could You Be Denied Entry at United States Airport in 2020?
According to the DHS website, travellers may be denied entry to the United States for the following reasons:
- In the past, illegal work was practiced in the United States.
- His visa is suspected to be overstay.
- Suspected of having links with terrorist or criminal organizations
- Overstay in United States in past history
- There are not enough funds to support yourself while living in the United States.
- Inadmissible by Health: Anyone with "communicable disease" or "physical or mental disorder that may be a danger to [person] or others, or endangered" or "addict or drug addict")
- Being convicted of a felony
What to do when Denied Entry to the United States at the Airport
You will probably standing at the airport terminal when you find out that you have been denied entry to the United States. When you get this bad news, you should follow these steps before doing anything. Arguments with officials will not help and will usually hurt your case. If you can, consider returning home and consulting with an immigration attorney to make sure you re-enter to the United States. Contact your airline office if you can get your ticket refunded.
- Ask for patience: you will get the benefits in the long runoff you can avoid having your record officially entered as denied entry. Call your Attorney first if possible. Samar and F4 India Team have lots of experiences helping people who have been denied admission and can provide guidance that you will need to overturn the decision if possible.
- Ask follow-up Questions: Stay calm, non-threatening attitude and don't say "NO" to the answer. If you are shown disrespect, keep calm and keep asking questions.
- Take Notes: You must answer each of your questions regarding your denied entry. Be as detailed as possible.
- Find a Quiet place to gather your details: You may want to focus on your paperwork at this time. You have probably been given a reason to refuse. Check all documents to confirm your admission denial details.
- Call a lawyer: If you have not hired a lawyer for such a case, take the opportunity to contact F4-India Immigration law firm and provide details of your case appropriately.
The truth is that no one is guaranteed entry into the United States, not even U.S.Citizens. Even if you have the right documents, visa, or legal status, you may still be denied entry to the United States, so it's best to be prepared for the worst.
Denied Entry to United States with a Visa
If you arrive in the United States on a visa and have been denied entry by an immigration official, you can insist on having your case reviewed before a judge. However, if you travel to the United States as a traveler under the visa waiver program, you waive any right to review or appeal an immigration official's determination about your admissibility, or contest any action in deportation.
If you have been denied entry with a visa, you have the right to:
- A hearing before a judge to determine your admissibility;
- Administrative Appeals of the Immigration Appeals Board;
- Judicial review or appeal of any or all of the above decisions.
How F4 India will help you
Once we find out about your denied access to the United States, we will start working on your case and help you solve the rejection of your visa. It is very much possible and likely that we will find a solution that will bring you in the U.S. if you follow the steps regarding your rejection as we have advised.
If you have a criminal background and have been rejected for that reason, or if you don't have the right documents, or if you didn’t speak respectfully to U.S. Airport staff, you may be in a dead end case. If you are concerned about being denied entry to the United States at the airport, Attorney can help you take the next necessary steps to get U.S. access or return home safely for further work on your travel documents.
Why Hire F4 India to Help You With Your Denied Entry Case?
Over the last 12 years, F4 India Law Office have helped countless individuals who thought they had no hope of entering the united states because of their refusal to enter their cases. Our Team has wide experience with U.S.Immigration law has allowed us to help people to enter the U.S. who otherwise would have not had the opportunity.
Are You Coming to the United States and Are Worried About Being Denied Entry?
If so, Contact F4 India Office today. All our cases are handled by competent and experienced immigration professionals who are affiliated with F4 India. These professionals consist of lawyers, licensed paralegals and consultants who work for F4 India award winning immigration firm that adheres to the highest standards of client service.
Ready for the next step? Call or Email Us : +91-6283-5077748,+1-236-881-6631: email@example.com