Call Us
Mon - Sat - 10.00 - 18.00,
Sunday - CLOSED
1700 Montville, New Jersey USA

International Travel as a Permanent Resident

How can we help you?

My Brother has filed a petition for me under brother and sister category and i was so confused regrading my petition process .In Jan I came to know about F4 INDIA through one of my friend and then I started my visa application process with one of the consultant named Samar Sandhu , he explained and helped me with all the process. I got visa within nine Months . I highly recommend F4 INDIA for their better visa process.


International Travel as a Permanent Resident

In general, you may have to be compelled to present a passport from your country of citi-zenship or your refugee travel document to visit an overseas country. additionally, the foreign country could have additional entry/exit necessities (such as a visa). For info on foreign entry and exit requirements, see the Department of State’s webpage.

If seeking to enter the U.S. once temporary travel abroad, you may have to be compelled to present a valid, valid Green Card (Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card). once you reach-ing entry port, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection Officer can review your permanent resident card and any other identity documents you must show as the United States Driver’s License, a passport, a foreign national I.D., and determine if you can enter the U.S.
Please browse the webpage for more information regarding the U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s .

Permanent residents are liberated to travel outside the U.S. and temporary or brief travel usually doesn’t have an effect on your permanent resident status. If it is determined, howev-er, that you did not intend to make the united states your permanent home, you’ll be found to have abandoned your permanent resident standing.
A general guide used is whether or not you have been absent from the U.S. for more than a year. Abandonment may be found to occur in visits of less than a year where it is believed you probably did not intend to make the U.S. your permanent residence. while temporary visits abroad usually don’t seem to be problematic, the officer could consider criteria such as whether your intention was to visit abroad only quickly, whether you have already maintained family and community tie-ups, maintained the employment, filed income taxes as a resident in u.s., or otherwise established your intention to come back to the u. s. as your permanent home. different factors which will be considered include whether you maintained a U.S. address, kept U.S. bank accounts and a valid U.S. driver’s license, own property or run a business within the U.S. or any other proof that supports the temporary nature of your absence.

If you intend on being absent from the U.S. for longer than a year, it is sensible to first apply for a reentry permit on form I-131. obtaining a re-entry permit prior to departure the U.S. al-lows permanent or conditional permanent resident to apply for admission into the U.S. throughout the permit’s validity without the requirement to obtain a returning resident visa from a U.S. Embassy or consulate abroad.
Please note that it doesn’t guarantee an entry into the U.S., once you come back as you must first be determined to be admissible, however, it’ll assist you in establishing your inten-tion to permanently reside within the U.S.
Please browse the webpage for additional info Travel Documents.

If you stay outside of the U.S. for more than 2 years, any re-entry permit granted before your departure from the U.S.will have expired.
In this case, it’s recommended to think about applying for a returning resident visa (SB-1) at the closest U.S. Embassy or consulate. an SB-1 applicant will be required to establish eligi-bility for an immigrant visa and will need a medical examination. there is an exception to the current process for the spouse or child of either a member of the U.S. armed forces or civi-lian worker of the U.S. Government stationed abroad on official orders.
Please browse the webpage for additional info regarding the Department of State on return-ing resident visas.

Additionally, absences from the U.S. of six months or additional could disrupt the continuous residency required for naturalisation. If your absence is one year or longer and you would like to preserve your continuous residency within the U.S. for naturalisation purposes, you may file an Application to Preserve Residence for Naturalisation purposes on form N-470.

Please browse the webpage for additional info Continuous Residence and Physical Presence Requirements.

If you have lost your green card or reentry permit or it’s stolen or destroyed while you’re abroad, you may need to file a form I-131A, Application for Travel Document (Carrier Docu-mentation). This carrier documentation can allow an airline or other transportation carriers to board a lawful permanent resident bound for the U.S. without the carrier being penalised.

Please browse the webpage if you want additional info, please see the form I-131A, Applica-tion for Travel Document (Carrier Documentation).

Get Latest Immigration News, Information, Notifications & Announcements